Thursday, August 21, 2014

Employee Patients Are The Worst

Any job where you have to deal with people can be rough, but working in healthcare and having other healthcare workers as the patients is by far THE WORST THING EVER IN EXISTENCE!!! They are needy and pushy and rude and think themselves privileged beyond all means. Telling me everything I do wrong or every thing that could be better or fixed does not endear me to you. The phrase "I need this time because of my work schedule" does not hold anymore weight with me then any other person who steps up to my desk. Do you think I lie and tell you it's unavailable for kicks? No. I would rather not hear you huff and puff thank you very much.

Today this lady takes the cake...

Me: How can I help you today?

Employee Patient (EP): I need to make an appointment.

Me: Okay. Will that be for Physical Therapy or Orthotics?

EP: Orthotics.

Me: Okay. And what kind of Orthotics were you needing?

EP: I don't know. Dr. R. sent me.

Me: Well, were you needing Diabetic shoes, inserts for arch support, a face mask, a full body jacket...?

EP: I guess inserts.

Me: Okay then. My first opening is going to be next Thursday at either 2:00 or 2:30.

EP: Oh. I can't just walk in and be seen?

Me: No, I'm sorry we do that by appointment and my first opening is next Thursday at either 2:00 or 2:30.

EP: You don't have anything Monday or Tuesday?

Me: No, I'm sorry my first opening is next Thursday at either 2:00 or 2:30.

EP: Do you have something around noon?

Me: 2:00 or 2:30 is all I have.

EP: What about later?

Me: 2:00 or 2:30 is all I have available.

EP: I guess I'll just quit my job then.

Me: I can check a later date if you were looking for a specific time?

EP: I'll just take the 2:00.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so many conversations I've had trying to schedule students for tutoring appointments. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete