Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ACKNOWLEDGE!

Mona: (droning on about something I don't remember)

Me: (doing my work and nodding to make Mona thinks I'm listening)

SHORT PAUSE

Mona: Acknowledge!

Me: What?! I was nodding my head!

Mona: Yeah, like this...(Mona stares straight ahead holding her neck stiff without moving)

Me: Umm...so you're saying I wasn't nodding my head?

Mona: No.

Me: Are you sure?

Mona: Yes.

Me: Um...Well...in my head I was nodding!

Mona: (rolls her eyes at me)

This "Acknowledge" shouting is a new thing Mona's doing. For some odd reason she doesn't like it when I listen to her without giving her some sort of affirmation that I am in fact listening. It's usually when she asks, what I think are, rhetorical questions. Like "Where do you want to eat?" or "What do you think about that?"

So, when she asks these rhetorical questions and I don't answer right away she shouts out "ACKNOWLEDGE!" to get me to respond.

I've been trying to acknowledge more without her prompting, but apparently that isn't working so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment