Thursday, February 20, 2014

Welcome to Mom's Twilight Zone

I think my brain is going to explode from lack of sleep and over studying!! Only 9 more days and I'll be done with all this nonsense (exams) and get back to my regularly scheduled program.

Last week I had my sister, Mona, write a post to help me out with the ol'blog. She did alright (I don't like to give her direct compliments or else it goes to her head)  I had offered to let anyone in my family write a guest post for me, but I'm not sure how great that turned out. Mom jumped at the opportunity, but after reading her entry I told her "No" I would not be posting this on my blog.

First of all, she wrote from my perspective. That's weird in it's self, but what's worse is she wrote my perspective on a conversation I did not even take part in!

While I was reading it I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. Like I had somehow jumped inside my mother's head and was living out life in her brain with her thoughts and opinions. It was beyond strange.

She even manages to throw in there my thoughts on marriage. Wait, no, they are her thoughts about her wanting me to want to get married (if that makes sense). It's not like she hasn't hinted at her wanting me to get married before...

Anyway, Overall, I don't know what's going on.

But, in the interest of sharing my life with you, all the good and the bad, I decided to post my mother's blog entry.

I may regret it later, but here it goes:

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article below are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of My Lowercase Life or Luna LaBlue. 

My family and I have been debating a hot topic issue this cold and flu season, the dreaded MAN COLD.  My beautiful mother gets tense and bothered anytime my daddyo starts a little cough has a sprinkling of sneezing because she knows right around  the corner is the MAN COLD.

This Sunday, the debate continued, since everyone asked where my Dad was. Jacque, our friend, says that he too gets MAN COLDS.  His wife rolled her eyes and shook her head, so I assumed she get just as irritated by this menace as my beautiful mother does.  Jacque then claimed that he thinks man colds are wwwaaaaaayyyy worse then girl colds. His theory was based in the fact that guys hardly ever get sick, so when the germs permeate through their cells, he knows that is a really bad strain to bust through all their maness.  To this my beautiful mother, and his wife just laughed.  And Angelicque added, "thats true, because you have such low pain tolerance." Unlike my Aunt NaeNae, who has an extremely high pain tolerance, just ask her, she will tell you.

So, the debate continues, and this may just be a debate with no known answer, and a true battle of the sexes....

Perhaps, someday, when I partake of wedded bliss, I too may have a whole new outlook, on the phenomonum of the Man Cold.

(p.s. I love you mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment