Friday, November 8, 2013

Dog Sitting

On top of my two real jobs (Medical Receptionist and Barista) and Business school I also dog-sit as a pastime activity. (I know I'm super lame) 

Yesterday one of my clients asked me to come over for dinner. 

Guys. I am a very socially awkward person.

Especially in these types of situations. I get nervous and nauseous and I have no idea what to say or do. 

I like to believe, in my head, that I pull these situations off well without letting anyone else know how awkward I feel, but probably not. 

I didn't know what she wanted. I had done this before for her. I know her dogs. Why was she asking me over? 

I felt like I was being called to the principle's office. I felt like I was going to puke. What were we going to talk about for so long? 

I bucked up and happily agreed to go over for pizza. 

One of my main motto's for life (after why the hell not?) is fake it til you make it. 

I had to take a deep breath before I rang the doorbell, but I did it. I didn't run away in fear, like I really wanted to. 

And guess what?! I survived

I didn't throw up or die. I even carried on conversation like a normal human being. I'm very proud of myself. 

It did help that she did most of the talking. 

And it turns out that she wanted to ask me over because they are going away for 18 days!

The most I've ever done is about a week. 

I can see why she wanted to have me over to talk about it. There are a lot more things to be taken care of when you're there a month verses a weekend. 

She retold me several things that I already knew. She just kept saying "It just makes me feel better to tell you again". I understand completely. It's hard to leave your dogs for so long, but if I didn't know where the dog food was I think I would be in trouble. 

I'm excited about it. It's like a new adventure. Plus I am way less awkward around the dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment